Respected by Nevada Courts and Judges, Attorney James Smith has 25+ years experience helping 1000's of clients like you regain their freedom by filing an annulment in Nevada.
Want answers to your annulment questions right now?
Click on the Live Chat link on the far right side of this page or call us at 702-420-7052. Also visit our home page for details on procedure and cost of a Nevada Annulment
What is an annulment?
Do I have to be a Nevada resident to file an annulment in Nevada?
What are grounds for a Nevada annulment?
1. Consanguinity between the parties.
2. Either of the parties having a former husband or wife then living, if solemnized within this State, are void without any decree of divorce or annulment or other legal proceedings. A marriage void under this section shall not bar prosecution for the crime of bigamy pursuant to NRS 201.160.
NRS 125.300 Voidable marriages: Causes for annulment.
A marriage may be annulled for any of the causes provided in NRS 125.320 to 125.350, inclusive.
NRS 125.320 Cause for annulment: Lack of consent of parent or guardian.
1. When the consent of the father, mother, guardian or district court, as required by NRS 122.020 or 122.025, has not been obtained, the marriage is void from the time its nullity is declared by a court of competent jurisdiction.
2. If the consent required by NRS 122.020 or 122.025 is not first obtained, the marriage contracted without the consent of the father, mother, guardian or district court may be annulled upon application by or on behalf of the person who fails to obtain such consent, unless such person after reaching the age of 18 years freely cohabits for any time with the other party to the marriage as husband and wife. Any such annulment proceedings must be brought within 1 year after such person reaches the age of 18 years.
NRS 125.330 Cause for annulment: Want of understanding.
1. When either of the parties to a marriage for want of understanding shall be incapable of assenting thereto, the marriage shall be void from the time its nullity shall be declared by a court of competent authority.
2. The marriage of any insane person shall not be adjudged void, after his restoration to reason, if it shall appear that the parties freely cohabited together as husband and wife after such insane person was restored to a sound mind.
NRS 125.340 Cause for annulment: Fraud.
1. If the consent of either party was obtained by fraud and fraud has been proved, the marriage shall be void from the time its nullity shall be declared by a court of competent authority.
2. No marriage may be annulled for fraud if the parties to the marriage voluntarily cohabit as husband and wife having received knowledge of such fraud.
NRS 125.350 Cause for annulment: Grounds for declaring contract void in equity.
A marriage may be annulled for any cause which is a ground for annulling or declaring void a contract in a court of equity.
Other reasons could also be valid under Nevada Statutes. The above are merely examples from actual annulment cases we have successfully handled for clients.
If you can prove fraud or misrepresentation to something that is important to the existence of the marriage, the reason could be considered valid. Contact Us and ask. We’ll reply promptly.
With fraud and misrepresentation, a third party affidavit is sometimes required, e.g. if you claim that your spouse married you for “a green card”, your judge might require an affidavit from a third party who is aware of the situation, especially if your spouse will not sign an Answer that supports your claim.
Also, with fraud and misrepresentation, keep in mind that some judges require you to attend a prove-up hearing, though we do our very best to avoid this entirely, and when it’s unavoidable, Mr. Smith appears at court for you while you simply attend over the phone.
My spouse won't sign the documents. Can I still get an annulment?
How long will it take for my Nevada annulment to be granted?
Do I have to attend a hearing before my annulment will be granted?
What is the cost of filing a Nevada annulment?
Can either party change their name as part of an annulment?
How long after the marriage can an annulment be filed in nevada?
What is the difference between a divorce and an annulment in Nevada?
Are there fees other than the attorney fees?
Can I file a joint petiton annulment in nevada?
What do the attorney fees cover?
The flat-fee for the attorney covers the attorney representing you in front of the court for your uncontested annulment; all documents needed to file and take your case through court; making sure your case progresses properly through the court system; corresponding directly with the court regarding your annulment. In short, anything and everything that needs to be done to take your annulment from start to finish provided your case is not contested and no court hearing is requested by the judge. If these things occur, there will be additional fees.
What is the difference between a Nevada annulment, Las Vegas annulment, and Reno Annulment?
Can Wife keep Husband's name after an annulment was granted?
Full Service Attorney’s Office
We provide more annulments than any other Las Vegas attorney. James E. Smith, Esq. has been representing clients like you since 1985 and has been successful at having some tough annulments granted. We are a flat-fee discount firm.