Respected by Nevada Courts and Judges, Nevada Annulment Attorney James E. Smith has 25+ years
experience helping 1000's of clients like you regain their freedom!
Las Vegas Annulment Expert
Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Information We Collect:
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on any websites owned and/or operated by Conexa, LLC or third parties retained to operate its owned/operated websites. The types of personal information collected are:
- Email addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Credit/Debit Card Information
- Any Other information necessary to prepare the documents for your particular legal case
The Way We Use Information:
We use the information you provide about yourself strictly to prepare your legal documents and to contact you to process your case. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to process your case or create your documents. We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive and to upload your legal documents to you only. Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us by you on any form on any of our websites (nevadaannulment.org; nevadadivorce.org; livingwill-livingtrust.com; lasvegasnevadabankruptcy.com) in ways unrelated to either the preparation of your legal documents or fulfilling court requirements and procedure for your legal case.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online (e.g. the secure forms you use to send us your information). We use a third-party provider who uses the same technology banks use for your online bank account access.
Terms and Conditions
If a party who completed a questionnaire or form on any of the Conexa, LLC websites subsequently chooses not to pursue the legal matter for which they contracted by filling out the questionnaire, the party understands that the second payment will not be due and the business transaction between the client and Conexa, LLC will be considered completed and ended. If a party requests that a questionnaire on a Conexa, LLC website be completed by a Conexa, LLC employee or contractor, the party understands that the refund rules apply the same as if client had completed the questionnaire him/herself.The first payment will not be refunded, due to the time and effort expended on behalf of the client after a questionnaire has a been completed and the credit card charged. If Client sends signed and notarized documents to Conexa, LLC, it will be assumed by Conexa, LLC that Client wants Conexa, LLC to file said documents at court. The second payment will be charged to the client’s card and the case filed and no refund will be available for the second payment once Conexa, LLC has received original signed and notarized documents from Client. Bankruptcy clients who make payments towards the full amount due and for whom services are provided as milestones in payment levels are reached understand that there is no refunds for payments already made, but that no further payments will be due if Client chooses to not pursue bankruptcy after retaining Conexa, LLC to represent Client in a bankruptcy matter. If a divorce or annulment case is denied by the court for a case accepted by Conexa, LLC after March 18, 2016, a client does have the option of requesting a refund as per the terms of the Refund paragraph herein. If there is any attempt to obtain legal representation or legal assistance of any sort from Conexa, LLC, through any of its websites, without paying for said services, it will be considered fraud. If a disagreement should arise between Conexa, LLC and any client who retained Conexa LLC, all parties agree that any civil proceedings will take place in Clark County Nevada.
2. Electronic Communication. By visiting nevadaannulment.org; nevadadivorce.org; livingwill-livingtrust.com; and lasvegasnevadabankruptcy.com and sending e-mails to us in electronic form you consent to receive electronic communications from us, and a phone call, if you enter your phone number on the Contact Us page on any of our websites. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing.
3. Credit cards. We collect your credit card information and we charge the fees for your legal case to said credit card. Once you complete a form on our website(s), you agree that the first half of the cost of your legal case will be charged to the credit card with which you provide us, either on the questionnaire or on the phone. You agree that the first payment is not refundable after we received the questionnaire from you. We begin work on your case IMMEDIATELY upon receipt of the questionnaire, no matter the time of day or night, and we work seven days per week, fifty-two weeks a year to better serve our clients. In the case of a Living Trust, the full payment is taken up front; in the case of a bankruptcy case, payments will be made in accordance to the terms on the bankruptcy questionnaire and the payment arrangements you make with us.
4. Pricing and Billing. Fees are set forth throughout our website and there are no hidden fees. Fees for all cases are charged at a flat rate for our services. In some cases, it is necessary to hire a process server and publish a Summons (in the case of a one-signature annulment or divorce) and this cost is additional to the flat legal fee which covers the services of your attorney and his paralegal staff. If your annulment or divorce becomes contested and you choose to use the services of Attorney James E. Smith to represent you in court, there will be additional charges as the flat fee covers your uncontested matter only, with no court hearings. Should you require the services of Attorney James E. Smith for negotiation, or mediation, or for anything above and beyond what is customarily needed for an uncontested Nevada annulment or divorce case with no court hearing, or beyond his usual duties regarding a bankruptcy filing, there may be additional attorney fees incurred. On occasion, Clark County Nevada District Court raises its filing fees. That fee will be passed on to the client. Every effort is made to contact clients and advise them of impending filing fees increases.
5. Applicable Law. By visiting nevadaannulment.org you agree that the laws of the state of Nevada, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms and Conditions, and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Conexa, LLC.
7. Copyright and Trademarks. All content included on nevadaannulment.org is the property of Conexa, LLC and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
8. Refunds Should your two-signature(complaint/answer filings) or joint petition annulment case be denied by the court, you will have the option to request a refund of the payment you made for our services. We will give a courtesy refund based on non-performance on our part. This is contingent upon the client having provided us with all that the court requested of the client and client has provided our office with what was requested of client by the attorney to ensure a successful outcome with the court. If client does not provide our office with needed and requested documentation or documentation needed by the court, refund policy is void. If the Defendant, in either an annulment case in which we are representing the Plaintiff, files an Answer or an Answer and Counterclaim in court, either denying the allegations in the Complaint or contesting any of the points in the Complaint in any manner, or contesting the valid reason Plaintiff has stated in the Complaint for an annulment, or files any other responsive pleading this refund offer is void. If the judge in a case sets a hearing for the case, refund is void. If there is a material misrepresentation and/or omission of information or fact, or a previous case not disclosed to Conexa, LLC, then this would cancel any refund of any monies and may subject client to further fees and costs caused by said misconduct. If client files a Complaint through us (and the Defendant does not voluntarily sign an Answer) and we serve the other party the annulment documents either personally or by publication, refund is void. If the judge in a case sets a hearing for the case, refund is void. Court filing fees, court costs, process server fees, publication fees, translator fees and any other third provider fee are never refundable by us or any other company.
9. Pricing for Unbundled Attorney Services
Two-signature Annulment: $499
Complaint for Annulment: $799
Additional Affidavits other than Affidavit of Resident Witness ($50), and other than Affidavit of Plaintiff (included): $75
Older marriage annulment (case older than three years): $300+ additional for two-signature case, and $400+ additional for one-signature case. The exact additional amount depends on the case and the length of the marriage.
Peremptory Challenge: $175
Seal Case: $250
Stipulation for Dismissal: $250
Stipulation to Set Aside: $325
Affidavit of Service when Plaintiff provides their own process server (not available in all countries and not available for the U.S.) $125
Attorney appearance at prove-up- hearing: $625
We assume you are no longer pursuing your annulment if we do not receive the signed/notarized documents from the Plaintiff in a one-signature annulment, and from both parties in a two-signature annulment, in time to file your case no later than six months after you have made your first payment; if this occurs, your file is closed in our office. To re-open a case file that is six months old or older: payments made to date minus $300 will be credited to new case. A case older than six months is re-instated at the attorney’s discretion based on the validity of the case at the time client wishes to re-open the case file. If it is deemed that too much time has passed since the marriage, our office might decline on continuing with the case.
Case files are closed permanently after one year from the date of the initiation of the case if the case has not yet been filed with the court due to client inaction.
A new case may be initiated at this time at the discretion of the attorney based on the current validity of the case.
Change from a one-signature annulment to a two signature annulment before case is filed: $100 credit toward new case
Change from a two-signature annulment to a one-signature annulment before case is filed: $100 credit toward new case.
Revise entire set of documents because of incorrect names given by client for either party: $75
Attorney fee for attending a prove-up hearing in uncontested matter: flat fee of $425 (one time appearance only; additional appearances, due to client not appearing or judge requesting additional hearing incur additional fees)
Client not moving forward after submitting a form and before we started work on the case: Minimum fee of $100
Client not moving forward after submitting a form and after we started work on the case: no refund of any portion of it
Use of two different credit cards or debit cards for payment on a legal case: $10
Declined payment from credit card on file for second payment or process service or publication when client has sent us the signed/notarized documents: $20
Changes on pleadings due to errors in information submitted by client or changes of mind on client’s part: from $25+
Exhibits attached to pleadings: from $25 (such as medical records)
Ex-Parte Application to Extend: $150
Court costs and court filing fees are additional
Process Server Services additional
Publication of Summons additional
Additional work outside our usual case processing: $100 per hour
Client(s) entitled to 3 case status checks. You may purchase 3 additional calls for $25
No legal advice, attorney-client relationship, confidentiality The information contained on any of our websites, including the one on which you are reading this paragraph, is provided for your general informational purposes only, and is not intended to constitute, and should not be construed as, legal advice on any subject or legal matter that pertains to you, or anyone else. Therefore, you should not consider this information to be an invitation to a client relationship, should not rely on the information provided herein as legal advice on any legal matter or subject for any purpose. Always seek the legal advice of competent counsel in the relevant jurisdiction for any legal matter. No email messages between our offices and any prospective or current client, in and of themselves, create an attorney-client relationship between said client and James E. Smith, Esq.
Should you have other questions or concerns, please call 702.420.7052
* Court Filing Fees (currently $326 for a Joint Petition annulment; $269 for Complaint; $217 for Answer; $56 court fees for a two-signature annulment, or $61 for a one-signature annulment) and cost of process service (if applicable to your annulment case) is additional. Average process service cost if Defendant can be served in person is $125 in Nevada and $160 in other states. Average cost for publication when required is $150. If Defendant lives outside the U.S. and does not sign the documents, process service fees will be higher. ** Refund Offer and Policy only applies to cases started on/after March 18, 2016 when both parties sign. Please read our refund policy carefully.